Everyone likes to get a good gift. A gift that demonstrates that the giver really thought about what the the receiver would like.
Women are typically good gift givers. Men not so much.
So I’m doing you guys a favor and spelling it out for you.
Newsflash! Flowers are not a gift. They are a thoughtful gesture or an accompaniment to a heartfelt apology.
Roses go really well with, for instance,… “I borrowed your car,
left the tank on empty and didn’t tell you.
I am fully accountable for you being late for your meeting.”
Newsflash! Unless the girl is a teenager don’t give candy. Almost all women are watching their figures and don’t appreciate the sabotage.
It’s a classic blunder.
If we want chocolate we’ll buy it for ourselves.
1. Diamond stud earrings. Guys don’t try and get creative with all the pretty colored stone jewelry out there.
The classic diamond stud can be had pretty inexpensively. Just one word of warning don’t buy the size for infants unless your wife is a dwarf, then it might be okay, I’ll check.
2. Gift Certificate to a spa. Most women will really appreciate your thoughtfulness. Showing your love by giving her some pampering is going to win you big brownie points. Most guys think their gal wants to spend her special day with him. I don’t know why guys think this.
3. Gift Certificate to her favorite shoe or clothing store. Don’t risk buying what you “think” she would like and worse yet, guess her “size”. That’s a night on the couch for sure. And don’t buy sexy lingerie guys, it’s so self-serving.
4. Short on time or inspiration? Buy a Kindle and a beautiful card with a return gift receipt. She will love it. Unless she is blind and only reads braille. Then you screwed up.
Bad Gifts. Very very bad.
1. Membership to a gym. (Can you spell divorce court?)
2.Gift Card to Home Depot.
3. An Appliance. Unless it’s something she specifiacally asked for, found the one she wanted and taped a reminder to your shaving mirror.
4.A home cooked dinner. No explanation needed right?
5. A mop. Thanks to Silverado for this one. Inspired.
Guys I just want to say, your welcome.
I know you needed this information.
Gmom is here to help. I’m just like that. I’m a helper person.
Now, what was the best and worst gift that you have received?
This is gmom the helper person,