10 Things I say to my children, and 10
things my mother said to me.
1. Call me when you get there.
2. Clean up, I am not the maid here.
3. You want to leave? Do you need help packing?
4. Wait until your father gets home.
5. You only have to be tall enough for your feet to reach the ground.
6. Don’t smart mouth me young man (lady).
7. You’re going to take an eye out with that thing.
8. You can’t take care of anyone else if you don’t take care of yourself first.
9. It doesn’t matter what other people think,you can’t control that.
10. Don’t tell me to mind my business, you are my business.
2. If you don’t have something pleasant to say, don’t say anything at all.
3. It’s for your own good.
4. No one said life was going to be fair.
5. What if all your friends were jumping off a cliff would you jump too?
6. If I didn’t care, I wouldn’t say anything.
8. Be home before dark.
9. Put other people’s needs before your own.
10. Mind your own business.
Now which group of 10 were my 1950-1970’s mother and which are mine?
What do you say to your kids?
This is gmom,